Monday, March 5, 2007

New Paint~



For the last seven months it's felt as though we live in the middle of the desert. Finally, there is a glimmer of light (an oasis) at the end of the tunnel. Today I took both kids shopping to our new Home Depot. This is the first finished segment in the new shopping/dining area that is being built 3 miles from our house. The area will include Super Target (opening Mar. 10), Kohl's, Best Buy, JCPenney, Linen's-N-Things, Sportmart, Petsmart, Ross, and many more stores and restaurants. We can't wait for everything to open--it will finally feel like we live in a real-live city! While at the HD, I decided to buy some paint and paint our bedroom. After 4 long hours of taping, rolling, and brushing I can now say that I am a firm beleiver in expensive paint. I have never purchased the "top of the line" paint before. I always go for the no-name cheaper variety. Today though, I found a diamond in the rough. After examing all of the paint in the "mistinted" discount area, I found a gallon of grey Ralph Lauren satin sheen wall paint. (Here's a hint for you bargain hunters out there--pay attention.) Beyond the ugly mis-tinted gray I say a beautiful earthy olive color. I asked the very nice lady to add some additional tints to the paint, then mixed it up and VOILA~ a perfectly mixed gallon of Ralph Lauren paint for $5. So, here are the pics!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jaci, just had to tell you what a great job you did on the painting. It looks so different and highlights everything in the rooms. Would not have had the stamina. Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your message, it truly impacted my life.